Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Evaluated post: A movie

Hi readers, today I'm going to write you about a very good movie which I seen recently: Gran Torino.

This film is set in a old neighborhood from USA where lives Walt Kowalski, a Korean War veteran who is living his last years. The begin of the story show us his wife funeral and how after that, Kowalski start to move away from his family (because he had a pretty bad character and after his wife dead his character became even worse, so his family didn´t know how to treat him any more). Simultaneously, Kowalski started to become friend of his Asiatic’s neighbors despite his racists prejudices when he realize that Thao (the youngest member of the family) was in danger because some cousins from a gang wanted to force him to join there band.

Kowalski eventually suport and protect the boy and helps him and his family to stay away from gangs. I won't tell you anything about the end, but as advance, I can say that is very tragic.

I loved the movie because is a fairly realistic portrayal of yanquis and their classical prejudices against inmigrants, of the violence in a country whose culture and social relations are in decline, and how an old man, even when it seems to have an insignificance destiny, can have an opportunity for redemption.

The main actor and director is no more and no less than the great Clint Eastwood, and the rest of the cast are relatively unknown so I don't know their names, but they aren’t very important, because Eastwood steals completely the movie.

On the other hand, I've never been a films' fan, so I don't care much about the scripts and soundtracks. I can only say that the music and the dialogues are good, and definitely worth going to see her.

See ya!

No comments: