Monday, September 21, 2009

Post 4: The Congress in Buenos Aires

The Buenos Aires congress was very interesting, but I only went to few conferences really.
The best conference which I went was the Doctor Honoris Causa ceremony of Theotonio Do Santos, were he exposed about the juncture crisis and structural crisis in the modern capitalist system. The conference was extended(50) by two hours, and were in the medicine's auditorium of the Buenos Aires University.
The congress had some problems, specially with the organization and configuration of the thematic working groups. The timetables were not respected, and a lot of exhibitors didn't attend their presentations, which disminished the quality of the(50) congress. On the other hand, I met a city that I wanted to visit long time ago and I really liked. It was as if I were in Santiago, but everything was bigger: streets, buildings, parks, etc.
Among good things of Buenos Aires is the fact that the books are(50) very cheap and there is much more variety, that the night live is entertaining and the Argentinian girls are very pretty, also the police allowed to drink alcohol in public, which means that we using the parks for events (in fact, we did that every day). Unfortunately, the weather was not very nice because it rained a few days and was not very warm(64).

The best thing of the congress for me, ultimately, was met Buenos Aires and I can say that I went back satisfied.

No comments: